So I'm back in Utah, and of course I have way more time to blog. We moved into a house this year which has been pretty fun. We live in a quiet neighborhood but at least we don't have to deal with annoying neighbors that knock on the wall because they can hear you. Our house is pretty scary looking on the outside, but we have been trying to make the inside as pretty as possible. It's a two bedroom house, with lots of room...even a dining room area. The kitchen is small, but we do get our own washer and dryer! No more coin operated, thank goodness. Well what I really came to blog about is Shayde's dresser. The last two Saturdays we have been hitting up all types of yard/garage sales in Provo. On the first Saturday, I found Shayde's dresser which I finally finished. It took me forever, especially with tending to my families needs. But I love how it turned out. I didn't take a picture of it before I took the door off or took out the drawers. But it was ugly with old looking handles.


I really wanted to do the "distressed look" that I've seen on blogs lately but ya that took too much time. Maybe on my next piece of furniture. So I painted it all white, and got new cabinet pulls from my new favorite store...Lowes. They are so helpful, I had a bad experience at Home Depot. But Lowes has everything. I can't wait to go back and get more stuff to craft with. I got cute cabinet pulls then sprayed them pink. Heres Shayde painting with me and that's the final product!
Sorry it's kind of dark. I used my phone for all pics. I'll post more when I get all her clothes in. But I felt so relieved to finally finish something in my house. I can't wait to do more. Blogs are like my addiction now and I just want to do everything I see! Oh and I also got a papasan chair, it has a stool too. I love the floral print on it too. Hopefully my next post will be of my house finally furnished and decorated :)
 |
| Shayde in the Papasan! |
2 comments:
that IS cute nel & exactly what I was looking for prior to Mahie's delivery, but then I had to remind myself that we're only in TVA...but as soon as we're in our own place, I'll for sure hire you to decorate, lol, bc i can get frustrated with things that take TIME :) have you figure out what Shayde's gonna be for Halloween?? I think we're going with Bumble Bee's :)
wow great job nel! i always tell myself that i will start a project like this, but i can never find the courage to start and the patience to finish haha. and your baby girl is tooooo cute! much love xo
Post a Comment