"My mission is going good as of now I learn a little more each day. Last night we had a devotional that really hit home for me. It was the power of music and how we can use it in converting people because it invites the spirit so well. I thought of dad and when i cried the first time i heard him sing in church. I felt such an overwhelming feeling as i sat in the chair last night thinking about all my own personal experiences with that. I made up my mind that this is the biggest decision that ive ever made in my life. I am so happy and willing to be here right now thought because i know this is where my heavenly father needs me to be."
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
brother bear
My brother bear is "on a mission." Elder Kahawaii is serving in the Colorado, Colorado Springs Mission. He is currently in the MTC over here in Provo. My parents and him came up the same time as us. We had so much fun spending Noka's (Elder Kahawaii) last two weeks in Utah. We ate out almost everyday, which was so good. My favorite was probably Tuscanos. You get to eat all the meat you want and servers bring the meat at swords. We went on my birthday and I loved it! We were just missing my brother and his family back home. Noka was a rascal some days and we had to remind him of "staying" with his companion. He has too many haole friends over here, haha. We enjoyed spending time with him though. He is my closest brother and he has also become very close with my husband. My grandparents and uncle also came up to say goodbye to Noka. They surprised him and I know Noka was happy to have them here. It was funny because Noka would bug them all summer to come up to Utah to say bye to him. It worked out because my papa bought tickets to go to Vegas for my grandma's birthday (the same day Noka reported). They drove up the day before and surprised him at our second round of Tuscanos! The day he went into the MTC felt so weird. We could feel that he was not with us. We miss him so much but know he doing a great service for the Lord. Here is a little excerpt from his first letter:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment