I am so behind on all the things I wanted to blog about. This post will probably be as random as can be... Halloween was fun! It ended up being a weekend of fun. We attended a Halloween carnival on Friday, carved pumpkins and ate soup in a pumpkin on Saturday plus a trunk-or-treat, and Monday we had a Halloween party at our house! Our neighborhood wasn't too popular with trick or treating and we ended up with a lot more candy then expected. We enjoyed company from our friends though and made dinner for them. Shayde was a panda, but Jordan thought she looked like a dog. Her costume was a little big, it was size 6-12 months.
Shayde is growing so big. I am excited to take her to the doctors at the end of this month to find out how much she weighs and her length. Our last visit was surprising. The doctor told us she was long for her age, so hopefully she'll be tall and not short like me. She can sit up for a while by herself, but if she's lazy she will just fall over. She also is trying to move when she's on her tummy. She will push off the carpet and try to move as much as possible. She loves to grab things, especially my hair. I always have to get hair out of her hands. I am still breastfeeding her or will pump when I go to class. It has been hard at times but it's worth it for a healthy baby. I also don't get my period (sorry if that was TMI) which is great but scary at times too. I read that some women who breastfeed don't get it so I wasn't too worried at first. But now that Shayde is four months, almost five, I got worried and took a pregnancy test. Thankfully, it was negative. I don't think I could handle another one right now or be pregnant. I really need to graduate. Next semester I will be doing an internship. I'm sad I will have to leave Shayde for so many hours. I miss her every time I have to go to class, but she always has a smile for me when I come home.
Jordan and I also got in to couponing. We watch extreme couponing almost weekly and started buying the Sunday papers. We have tons of coupons already and been looking in ads daily to see where we can get cheap items. Smith's is always having deals so we decided to shop there. We came home with 12 pringles and paid nothing for them. We used other coupons too to cut the cost, but Smith's was also having a sale that helped a bunch. I was so nervous at checkout. I knew how the people on the show felt. We ended up with a 55% savings which wasn't too bad for our first time. We are officially sold on using coupons.
We also have been reading the Book of Mormon daily. Jordan was surprised how excited and interested I was after the first chapter. We can discuss forever, so we usually do a chapter a night. Jordan also likes to get in his missionary phase. He could talk forever! I usually have to calm him down or he'll see me rolling my eyes. It's also nice to read with him because he knows so much and helps me understand better. Hopefully we can continue to be diligent with it. Today is also missionary mail day. My brother writes us an email every Monday around noon, Sometimes we catch each other on at the same time so we will write back and forth for a while. I miss him lots. He can be irritating and drive me nuts but I really miss all of that. He found a Hawaiian guy that lives in Colorado and taught him all the lessons. He said they're working on a baptism date, so hopefully that goes through. Happy November :)

No comments:
Post a Comment