Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life As We Know It

Us: We are back in Utah freezing. We miss Hawaii already.
Me: I am free!!!! This semester I was suppose to do an internship at the Utah State Hospital. I already had got it and was prepared to do it when I returned. But as we were home for the break, things changed. We decided that I should do it in Hawaii pretty much last minute, and me and Shayde would stay there and Jordan would be up here. We prayed for this too. We would have lots of babysitters for her in Hawaii and barely any here. I kept looking the last week I was there and nothing was there or they told me I was too late to start so soon. (such a bummer) The day we returned to Utah I met with my advisor and told him my situation with the baby and how I was still hoping to go home. We worked on it for a week and nothing came. My advisor informed me that I could take a "T" grade for the semester which meant that I would need time to complete the class. So basically, I am going to do my internship in Hawaii this coming spring and summer. But I still get to walk in April, which was my main goal. So this semester, I am being a mommy and loving it. I get to spend all day with my baby, but I do need to get a hobby. 

Shayde: Shayde is a crawling, standing, teething...active baby. Which is one of the reasons we wanted to stay in Hawaii. She has been so fussy with her teeth coming in, and is very selective with people she will go to. She will cry when certain people hold her, but in Hawaii she loved everyone! On the way there, we were on a flight with Asian women sitting across us. The lady wanted to hold her and Shayde extended her arms to her. So on the plane ride, me and Jordan were able to relax while the women played with her, haha. It was weird for her not to cry. Anyways, Shayde is eating baby food but she rather have table food. I think the meat foods are disgusting! They remind me of dog food. Everyday she watches Sesame Street while cruising in her walker. She likes to feed herself, so I leave her snacks on the tray and she just enjoys them. She loves making a mess and getting in to everything that isn't a toy.
Jordan: Jordan is in his last semester of college (hopefully) He is a computer science major which takes up his time, especially with the projects. He is a full time student and works on campus at the Center for Learning. He still makes time for us though :)

Goals for 2012:
We are aiming to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year.
We want to have FHE every Monday night, even if it's just "business."
We want to save more then we spend.
We will look for jobs, our future careers!
We want to grow closer as a family/spouse.

No comments: