Tuesday, June 28, 2011

meet our Shayde!

Shayde Kamanoheaokapuka`anaokalā Laimana
 Born: June 21, 2011 (her daddy's 25th birthday)
Weight: 7.4 lbs
Length: 20 inches
Shayde was due on June 15th, but I guess she really wanted to steal her daddy's birthday. I almost got induced, because a week had almost passed by. I was so happy when my water broke and I guess my running the day before payed off. It was a long night though. We arrived at Castle Medical Center around 10:30 pm and she finally arrived at 8:59 am. Labor was a pain and pushing was a bigger pain, but in the end she is so worth it. We named her Shayde because we really were looking for a 'Sh" name. My mom is Sherry, I'm Shanelia and now we have Shayde. We were first going with Shadon but it sounded like a boy and it seems like everyone is naming their kids with some letter plus "Aiden" or however they spell it. Shayde is so perfect for her and I love original names. Of course her dad wanted a Y in it to be fancy. We got her middle Hawaiian name because her dad had a dream that we were calling her Nohea. We loved Nohea and just fit it in to a phrase that suited her. Since I was in labor most of the sunrise we named her Kamanoheaokapuka`anaokalā which is the beautiful child of the sunrise. I kind of wish she was born at sunset because she seems to always wake up with the sun. But we love our Shayde and are so happy to have her finally out in this world with us. 

2 comments:

lilika'imoana said...

hi nel! i was wondering why i couldn't go on your blog for a while, but now i realize that i've had the wrong link to your blog all this time, lol i guess you changed it or something? anyway, glad i found your page again :) and congratulations on baby girl! wow that was faaassst i had no idea you already gave birth! she is beautiful :)

Hailey said...

Congrats again Nel! I wish we would be home at the same time so I could meet beautiful Shayde. I love her name too! You are one hott mama