This past weekend has been one of the best I have ever spent with my husband, that I just have to blog about it. I believe it was because of all the things we did outside of the house. Loved being outside, especially when it’s warm and no snow in view. Best of all, the things we were able to do were all free! The weather was extra nice over the weekend. We were happy to spend it outside and enjoy the sun. We went on a picnic on Friday at Rock Canyon Park. This is where Jordan proposed, so it was very special. We initially went for my biology class; I had to draw some animals and plants that I saw there. The view was beautiful, especially seeing the Utah Lake. It reminded me of the ocean and the life I miss in Hawaii. I loved eating outside; it just felt different but cheerful from being cramped up in our little apartment. We enjoyed being there and walking on the trails. We can't wait to do it again!
We also got to spend some time with our friends. Saturday morning, Jordan had a basketball game for intramurals. His team is doing really good for all members being less than six feet...not to mention most of them are Asian. But seriously, they are doing really good. They lost only one game so far. We can't wait to see how the playoffs go. Later that day we were able to go to a friend's event called a "swapaholic". She did it for a class with others to get donations for clothes for an organization in Salt Lake City. Participants would bring clothes they wanted to swap and then get a certain number of points to use to purchase clothes at the end. For example, shorts were two points and dresses were four points. All the clothes were laid out kind of like a clothing store. All clothing that was left over, were donated to the organization. I thought the event went well and it had such a good cause behind it. I thought it was fun and something different. Plus, there was free food! Lots of yummy sweets :) That night, we went to our friends Jarom and Timbre's house for dinner. All of Jordan's old roommates came and it was like a potluck. We had curry stew, which was so good. I also loved the desserts, my weaknesses. But most of all we loved spending time with everyone and catching up on each other's lives. We played Pictionary and talked and talked till one in the morn.
And Sunday, it was an excellent day for church! I loved the messages I gained and how I felt uplifted after it all. It made me think a lot, especially about my life. A girl shared her testimony during sacrament of how her brother had not been choosing the right. He had been making bad choices like smoking and she for could not love him. She hated what he was doing and could not be around him. It kind of made me feel weird that she could say that about her own brother. She could have meant that she did not love his choices, but it sounded like the other way around. I think I felt weird, because I know how it feels to have a brother like that. I know people don’t always do what we want for them or that’s best for them, but you still have to love them. It is probably the only thing we can do to help them, especially if they’re neglecting to church standards. I will always love my brother, no matter what choices he makes. Of course I would love for him to come to church one day, but right now all we can do is show our love and be an example. That night we were accompanied by our good friend Sean. He brought over his musubi maker and we made some good ones. He also brought by some kalua pig. I’ve been craving it for so long! I totally enjoyed every minute of it. Sean and Jordan loved playing Starcraft and beating some poor kid on it. Sean ended up staying the night and we were happy to have him here with us. We loved our weekend, thanks to delicious food and great company :)
1 comment:
nel i love your baby picture, thumbs up!
Post a Comment